The deconstructed sushi bowl is hands down, one of my favorite meals of all time!
- it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare
- only cooking required is the rice
- colorful veggies make it aesthetically pleasing
- fiber, phytonutrients, protein and healthy fats
- it travels well so great to pack for lunch
- it’s got all the goodness, texture and flavor of sushi
- and NO ROLLING required!!
That’s really all I got! So if the sushi take out is draining your wallet and you want to spare yourself the frustration of sushi rolling, this recipe is for you. Fast, simple, nutritious, delicious, sushi (but not sushi). I hope you enjoy!
Deconstructed Sushi Bowl
- Rice of preference (sushi, white, brown or even cauliflower rice)
- Carrots , shredded
- Cucumber , diced
- Avocado , slices or cubed
- Nori , cut into thin strips
Other Great Add-Ins:
- Red cabbage , thinly shaved
- Stir fried shiitake mushrooms
- Sesame seeds
- Pickled ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce , tamari or liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- OR substitute Coconut Aminos for dressing
Prepare rice according to package instructions
While rice is cooking prep your veggies and make the dressing by whisking together all dressing ingredients
When rice is finished, paddle some into a bowl, top with veggies and garnishes, drizzle with dressing and enjoy!